Sutton Foster and the cast of Violet- Video sneak peek
Sutton Foster in Violet (2014).
What Andrew Rannells said, though.
I relate to this on a spiritual level
When we walk into the sun
or burn below for what we’ve done.
Will you still call out for me?
Turn to light or fade to black
you don’t look back, no you don’t look back
at what you might not wanna see.
But save part of yourself for me
Won’t you save part of yourself for me
'Save Part of Yourself' by the incomparable Brandi Carlile
But I will fight for you, be sure that I will fight
Until we’re the special two once again.
I remember someone old once said to me,
That lies will lock you up, with truth the only key
I was comfortable and warm inside my shell,
And couldn’t see this place could soon become my hell
So is it better to tell and hurt or lie to save their face?
Well, my guess the answer is don’t do it in the first place
I know, I’m not deserving of your trust from you right now,
But if by chance you change your mind
You know I will not let you down,
‘Cause we were the special two and will be again.
Graeme Manson (reddit AMA)
OMG RIP TARA FOR REAL
Buffy and Orphan Black are the best
“I’ll tell you, the really humbling moment is the moment that you get home from the Golden Globes or the BAFTAs or the Oscars, and you sit on your bed, which is the same crappy IKEA bed you’ve had since you were 18, and you put on an old episode of “Family Guy,” and you have a frozen meal … and you’re trying not to get macaroni and cheese on your thousand-dollar gown.”
- Boys, on average, spend two fewer hours doing household chores per week than girls do (they play two hours more).
- If they live in households where children are compensated for doing chores, boys make and save more money.
- A 2009 study conducted by University of Michigan economists found a two-hour gender disparity in responsibilities per week in a study of 3,000 kids.
- 75 percent of girls had chores, while just 65 percent of boys do
- This disparity in chores and free time continues into adulthood all over the world. According to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), men “report spending more time in activities counted as leisure than women. Gender differences in leisure time are wide across OECD countries.”
- Year after year, studies repeatedly confirm these patterns.
- The problems women face with unequal pay and housework duties actually start in childhood.
- The fact that boys’ chores appear to be more profitable makes the childhood chore gap even more disturbing. Turns out, parents tend to value the work that boys do more.
- Gender stereotypes dictate these patterns.
- men who grow up with sisters do less housework than their spouses and are also significantly more socially conservative.
Just had to bold that bottom point there because of the amount of misogynists who claim that because they have women in their family, they can’t POSSIBLY be sexist ever.
oh my fucking god
I vividly remember all the families in my church where the grade-school boys were goofing off with toys and the girls were being handed younger babies and turned into babysitters.Boys got to be boys, but girls had to be Moms.
Really, it ‘s a serious drag that even little girls today could answer #WithoutTheWageGapIWould